top of page
Study visas

“why study in Australia”? Because study in Australia gives you many benefits. You have valuable knowledge gained from Australian standard of education, fabulous weather, cultural diversity, improving your English Language Proficiency and you can work legally in Australia.

Plus, having a Student Visa in Australia may give you a prospective approach to get temporary or permanent residency in Australia.

What are the requirements?

The student visa you need depends on the chosen course of study. As a guide, the key requirements the applicant needs to meet are:

  • Successful enrolment with a registered course

  • Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement

  • Sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs

  • English language proficiency

  • Meet health and character requirements

  • Appropriate Health Insurance- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

What is a registered course?

A registered course is an education or training course offered by an Australian education provider who is registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to overseas students. The Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) lists all registered providers offering these courses and the courses offered. The Department of Education, Science and Training (DEST) can provide details of registered courses. You can also contact our office for information.

Can I work in Australia?

Generally, applicants can have family members accompanying them to Australia for the duration of their courses. Students are allowed to work for up to 40 hours per fortnight during a semester. They may work unlimited hours when courses are in semester breaks. Family members may be eligible to work for unlimited hours or 40 hours per fortnight.

bottom of page