top of page
Skilled Nominated Visa

Subclass 190

190 visa is points based and allows skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.Related: See state migration programs closing in response to COVID-19 that are affecting 190 visa.
have a relevant occupation on the 190 visa occupation list
have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
meet the points test pass mark of 65 points (as of 8 June 2020)
be nominated by a state or territory government agency
Lodge an EOI and be invited to apply
Be aged between 18 and 44 inclusive
have Competent English
Meet health and character requirements

190 visa points test State requirements for 190 visa

The process
Nomination by a State or Territory GovernmentEach State and Territory Government has its own list of occupations in demand in their area. There may be specific requirements in relation to your work experience, English language ability or specialised skills.Submit an expression of interest (EOI) via SkillSelect with details of your nominated occupation, skills and qualifications. SkillSelect will estimate a points score; if you score high enough, Australian state and territory government agencies will be able to view your EOI and decide if they want to nominate you.If you are nominated by a state or territory agency, you will be invited to apply for the visa. If you are invited, you have 60 calendar days to apply for the visa. We will then process your visa application.To see the processing time for the 190 visa see here.Points score
You must be able to meet the points score on your invitation letter. This score will be 65 points or more.The score on your invitation letter is based on the information in your EOI.You must be able to meet the points score eligibility at the time you are invited to apply for the visa.Check how many points you might get.Points test
Use the points table to calculate your test scoreEnglish language ability
Skilled employment
Australian study requirement
Specialist education requirement
Partner points
Other factors
Can I Apply in Australia or Overseas?
You can be in or outside Australia when you submit your EOI. You can either be in Australia or overseas when you apply for a Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated Visa. To be able to lodge from within Australia, you would need to hold a substantive visa or a Bridging A, B or C visa. Once you apply from within Australia, you will receive a bridging visa allowing you to remain in Australia during processing of your visa application. If your current visa is refused or cancelled you might not be eligible to apply for the 190 visa while you were in Australia.

Assessing authorities
Use the assessing authority listed against your nominated occupation in the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations.What you can do with a 190 visa
This is a permanent visa. It lets you:stay in Australia indefinitely
work and study in Australia
enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
travel to and from Australia for five years
apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.

Here at SeekVisa we are experienced in managing general skilled visa applications, and can help you with:Obtaining your skills assessment
Obtaining a nomination from a State or Territory Government
Preparing your relative sponsorship application
Lodging and monitoring your visa application
Correspondence with skills assessing authorities and the Department of Immigration until grant
Managing your bridging visas
Please book an immigration consultation if you like a personalised eligibility assessment of your Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa application.

You can include your partner and your or your partner’s child or step-child in your application.Family members who are granted the visa have the same rights and can do the same things as you.​Your obligations
You and your family members must comply with Australian laws and your visa obligations. You can find your visa conditions in VEVO.You also have obligations toward the state or territory that nominates you.​Travel
You can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want for five years after the visa is granted.Cost
From AUD 4,045You might have to pay additional costs.

bottom of page